Hi! I’m Jamie Chalmers, aka Mr X Stitch.
Since 2008 I’ve been on a mission to change the way the world thinks about needlework, and it’s an honour to introduce you to XStitch, the cross stitch magazine that I founded in 2017.
Thousands of people around the world have discovered how diverse and modern the simple craft of cross stitch can be by trying XStitch Magazine for themselves, and I’m excited for you to try it!
If you’re interested in cross stitch, it can be a challenge to find designs that you genuinely want to stitch.
You can spend ages searching online to find exciting cross stitch designs, or looking in vain through the small selection of print magazines to seek out stitching inspiration but, if you’re anything like me, you’ll get frustrated and want to give up!
At best you can find something to stitch but most of the time you have to compromise your desire for fresh design with the choice available to you, and you end up stitching things that might not really reflect your attitudes.
I felt the same way and so I created XStitch so that I could take my pick from the creative diverse world of cross stitch that I knew was out there!
There are so many reasons why you’ll love reading XStitch:
- Discover new talent with each issue dedicated to a different theme! – Each issue features a wide variety of cross stitch designers who respond to that theme with their own style.
- Find out what’s happening in the world of cross stitch via artist profiles and interviews with designers! Each issue contains interesting articles, reviews and bespoke content that you might not expect – for example, we had a crime mini-comic in our Noir issue!
- Its a magazine you can show off with pride! We are design-led and pride ourselves on fantastic photography and creative layouts that reflect the issue’s theme!
- Get your charting needs met with two formats to choose from! We feature charts in Colour Blocks & Symbols and Symbols Only format to make it easy to follow the patterns!
- Broaden your stitching horizons! We have an international cohort of designers and in each issue we introduce new talent to the mix!
- Connect with your favourite designers! Our digital downloads are interactive, with links to the designers’ socials, shopping links and more!
- You can get your groove on while you stitch! Each issue has a collaborative YouTube playlist for you to enjoy while you stitch!
PyroDogPins design from Issue 12 – Noir Rosey Grier article from Issue 15 – The 70s Maria Diaz design from Issue 13 – Fortune Tiny Modernist design from Issue 11 – Namaste XStitcher of the Month article from Issue 9 – Orient Marina Bolmini design from Issue 10 – Mixtape Vol. 2 Caren Garfen feature from Issue 8 – The Munchies Peacock & Fig design from Issue 7 – Love A Selection of the Designers featured in XStitch
That’s why I want you to try XStitch Magazine, so that you can enjoy an eclectic mix of patterns from an international collection of designers. It’s the kind of magazine that I wanted when I started cross stitching, and I want you to try it, so I’m going to give you a free sample!
You might wonder what the catch is – why am I giving you a free magazine?
It’s because I think there will be at least one design that you’ll want to stitch, and you’ll get a sense of how diverse and fresh the world of XStitch can be!
All you need to do is fill in your deets below so that I can send you the download link right away!