Welcome to our first Mixtape issue. No theme. Just awesome designs that you won’t find anywhere else.
This is the cross stitch zeitgeist. Be a part of it.
Since 2017, XStitch Magazine has been setting new standards for cross stitch magazines.
Our themed issues bring together talented designers from around the world,
to give you the best variety in modern cross stitch patterns.
We want you to enjoy stitching, and be proud to share your crafting skills with the world.
The modern cross stitch patterns for your stitching pleasure are:
- BaaMeow – Ambiguity
- Climbing Goat Designs – Dream Big
- Ellen Schinderman – It Had To Be Lou
- Floss & Mischief – Parakeet
- Jenny Henry – Dance Of The Cicadas
- Lord Libidan – Mixtapes Of The Forgotten Years
- Lucie Heaton – Sleepy Guy Graffiti Sticker
- Mathysphere – Rainbow Saturn
- Peacock & Fig – Live Free
- PixlStitch – Hot Dog!
- PyroDogPins – Skaters Gonna Skate
- SmartCrossStitch – Music Makes Your Mind Grow
- Stitchfinity – Love Bug
- The Hawthorn Tree – Celtic Riddle
- Tom Katsumi – Saints Of Science: Henrietta Lacks
- Works By ABC – Egyptian Mixtape
And we’ve got good reading as well as good stitching:
- The 82 Hoops Of Oh Sew Nerdy
- The Stitch Of The Union
- Book Review: A Geek’s Guide To Cross Stitch
- The Libidan Lecture
- Tooled Up
- F&%k Yeah Needlework Advice
- Technique Pages
- Interactive links to our designers
- Collaborative YouTube playlist
Quick shout-out to our advertisers, who we have picked because we think you’ll appreciate them.
Hit the links to get their products:
Zweigart – the OG of Cross Stitch Fabric Makers (they literally invented aida!).
Lowery Workstands – the only stand you’ll ever need to hold your work.
Fabric Flair – the Kings of Custom Cross Stitch Fabric.
Maydel – one of the easiest places to get your threads!
What format is the magazine?
XStitch is an interactive PDF magazine which can be read using most devices. It contains clickable links to our designers, some of which are affiliate links, as well as links to our collaborative YouTube playlist and other helpful content.
Each chart is offered in two formats – Symbols and Colour Blocks, and Symbols Only – so that you can use the one that works best for you.
Our charts use letters and numbers, rather than symbols, so you can follow them with ease. You can print out pages to follow if you like!
The legend for each pattern tells you the size, how many threads, and a fabric suggestion.
When you buy our digital issues, you will get two versions of the magazine:
- One with double page spreads for the best reading experience.
- One with single page spreads that can be used with the Pattern Keeper app.
Where will I find my downloads?
Your account will have a download section, so please make sure to set up an account.
I have a different question.
If you need answers to other questions, please visit our FAQ page.